The project aims to create training tools and a peer network for craftspeople in the areas of Digital Modelling and Digital / Additive Manufacturing.
The project will improve digital competences in the sector, develop product design and development skills, enhance the craft-making process, increase sectoral networking locally and internationally and increase customer engagement, with the purpose improving and developing individual craft businesses. Craft 4.0 will result in three main outputs:
- A training model which ensures transparency, transferability and clear learning outcomes
- Training content which allows craftspeople to acquire a set of innovative technological skills
- Guidelines and recommendations which provide an exemplar for potential exploitation in other sectors and levels of education
The project general aim is to improve digital skills of arts&crafts professionals through 3D printing in order to improve their:
- Market performance
- Customer engagement
- Marketing strategy
- Use of IT tools for the production processes
- Business possibility
- Sense of entrepreneurship
The partners of Craft 4.0 met again on the 16th March 2021 to discuss the progress and final phases of the Project.